Friday, January 4, 2019

Pork and coriander meatballs




On 2 January I attended the funeral of Peter Smyth, the brother of my friend Trish. The speeches made so many mentions of meatballs and red wine that I returned home wanting to make meatballs and drink red wine. I did neither that evening.

But today I want to dedicate this post to Peter Smyth. I have no idea what his famous meatballs were like but am sure that with my love of meatballs of all types that I would have enjoyed them. 

My meatballs are made from pork and coriander as the key ingredients with fusion ingredients of ginger and chilli matched with olive oil and tomato-based sauce and pasta. You can cook them separately and serve with stirfry vegetables with rice or noodles or as I did yesterday in a tomato-based sauce with pasta.  Enjoy!! 




Ingredients 

500 gr minced pork
1 spring onion
2 handfuls chopped coriander
2 tablespoons crushed ginger
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
Olive oil
500 gr ready made tomato based pasta sauce
Water

Mode 

Place minced pork in bowl
Chop spring onion and coriander and add
Add sweet chilli sauce
Crush ginger and garlic and add
Meanwhile place tomato sauce in pan or saucepan to heat with cup of water
With hands form the meatball mixture 
Heat olive oil in a frying pan
Add meatballs and fry to seal
Add to pan with tomato sauce
Simmer for about 30 minutes until cooked
Serve with rice or pasta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin