Sunday, January 27, 2019

Σεσκουλόπιττα



This afternoon I was coming home from the cinema with my friend, Dina. She asked me what I was thinking of having for dinner. I quickly replied « spanakopitta ». You are going to start it this late she asked? No, I had already steamed the vegetables I said and it isn’t actually spanakopitta, I am making it with silverbeet. And not using phyllo. And I’m using garlic and chilli and ginger. And thanks for reminding me about the spring onions: I’ll have to cook the vegetables a bit more.

So this is my little experiment for you, Dina! 



Ingredients

Half bunch silverbeet (including stalks)
2 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp Sambal oelek
1 tsp crushed ginger
50 gr fetta
2 tbs grated Parmesan
2 sheets frozen puff pastry
Poppyseeds 



Mode

Place a steamer on the stove and bring water to the boil
Remove pastry from freezer to thaw
Turn on oven to preheat to 180c
Meanwhile roughly chop half a bunch of silverbeet including white stalks
Add to steamer
Chop spring onions and add to steamer
Crush garlic and ginger add to steamer
Steam until vegetables tender
Place one sheet of pastry in the bottom of a square oven dish
Spoon the vegetables onto the pastry
Crumble the fetta on top
Grate the Parmesan on top to taste
Place the second sheet of pastry over the vegetables and cheese
Fold the two sheets of pastry together and press to seal
Sprinkle poppyseed on top
Cook in 180c oven for 45 minutes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin