Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Baked sardines with orange and lemon



Ah! The second half of my birthday sardines was cooked differently a day or so later. A friend thought from a photo of them that the olive oil was lemon juice, so this time I added lemon and orange juice and used cumin seeds instead of sumac. I ate this lot with potato and sweet potato baked with garlic, rosemary and olive oil.  It wasn’t my birthday dinner but another delicious meal in Melbourne’s latest lockdown.



Ingredients

16 filleted sardines
1/2 lemon
1/2 orange
1 clove garlic
2 tsp cumin seeds
Olive oil



Mode

Preheat oven to 180c
Arrange sardines in baking dish
Crush garlic and add to sardines
Sprinkle over cumin seeds
Add olive oil
Squeeze orange and lemon and add to dish
Bake in 180c oven for 20 mins

4 comments:

Sherry's Pickings said...

i do like sardines. hubby doesnt so i eat them alone:) I've recently put up a blog post for sardines on a muffin - delish! hope you're doing well in lockdown.
cheers
sherry

Sherry's Pickings said...

and happy belated birthday wishes.

Polyxena said...

Thanks Sherry. Yes I saw your sardines post. They are delicious for winter meals and very flexible. Thanks for the birthday greetings. The day was a bit different to what was planned due to lockdown but still pleasant!

shirleysimplerecipe said...

Yum, I like sardines 😀!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin