Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Pomegranate chicken




One of my all time favourite ways to cook chicken wings or chicken drumettes is Alba’s great recipe with rock salt, lemon juice and garlic. I have cooked variants of it before but this morning when I saw chicken drumettes at Piedimonte’s I had in mind the traditional version. 

Alas! It was not to be. I turned the oven on to preheat and remembered I had used my last lemon that morning and had not replaced my stock. What could I use instead? I had really decided to cook my fish instead but when I opened the fridge for that I saw the pomegranate juice. Why not try that I thought? It certainly fits with the Middle Eastern taste. 

And the result?  Well I really liked it and I’ll be cooking it again.



Ingredients

900 gr chicken drumettes
2 dessertspoon rock salt
200 ml pomegranate juice
1.5 tbs of minced garlic



Mode

Preheat oven to 210c.
Arrange the chicken drumettes in a baking dish
Sprinkle with rock salt 
Roast for 30 minutes
Meanwhile measure the pomegranate juice
Add minced garlic to the pomegranate and stir thoroughly
Remove the chicken from the oven and pour the garlic and pomegranate mixture over
Return to oven and roast for another 20 minutes.




2 comments:

Sherry's Pickings said...

i made some pomegranate molasses last year, to use in a chicken recipe. it's a fabulous condiment, isn't it? cheers sherry

Polyxena said...

Yes I love it for lots of things, but I have never made it. I have a Lebanese one I bought.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin