Saturday, January 11, 2020

Butter chicken



I love butter chicken and used to love buying it at an Indian place close to where I worked. These days I don’t eat it very much. But just before Christmas I saw that Simon Johnson had a new line of curry pastes and it included Butter Chicken! I bought one for me and one for a present. Yesterday I made butter chicken with mine and today I ate some for dinner. Yum yum. Μιαμ μιαμ.




Ingredients 

1 kg chicken thighs
3/4 cup Greek yoghurt
100 gr Simon Johnson Butter Chicken paste
100 gr unsalted butter
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp chopped ginger root
100 gr tomato paste
300 gr thickened cream



Mode

Roughly chop the chicken meat and place in bowl
Mix the butter chicken paste through the yoghurt
Add yoghurt and curry paste mix to chicken
Stir to cover chicken with yoghurt mixture
Put aside to marinade for at least an hour
Melt butter in large pan capable of holding chicken
Chop onion and add to butter
Crush garlic and ginger and add to butter
Stir until tender
Add chicken and yoghurt mixture and combine
Add cream and stir
Add tomato paste and stir
Bring to the boil stirring regularly
Then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender
Note the dish is better the day after cooking! 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin