Sunday, August 29, 2021

Rocket pesto, salami and ricotta pizza



Ah Sunday evening! What is there to cook except a pizza after years of the tradition of Sunday night pizza? It would be very nice to meet some friends outside in a pizzeria, but that was another time before lockdowns. 

We have no idea when this time will end. So I continue to experiment. Pritikin modified pizzes are the basis of my experiments, though he would not approve of all my changes, as indeed I don’t approve of his low fat options. I have experimented with a few wholemeal/multigrain wraps or Lebanese bread. My absolute favourite to date is one produced by Wattle Valley as shown in the illustration. 

This time produced a delicious combination of wholemeal wrap, ricotta, rocket pesto, and vegetables accompanied by capers and ginger. I can’t say that it is a very traditional pizza but I enjoyed my Sunday night pizza a lot!! 



Ingredients

1 Wattle Valley wholemeal wrap
Ricotta
Salami slices
1/4 red pepper
1/4 green pepper 
2 mushrooms 
1/2 zucchini
1 heaped tsp capers
1 tsp crushed ginger



Mode

Preheat oven to 220c
Place wholemeal wrap on oven tray
Spread the rocket pesto on wrap
Spread with ricotta
Grate zucchini
Slice red and green peppers and mushrooms
Crush the ginger 
Place salami on the ricotta
Add zucchini, followed by peppers and mushrooms 
Sprinkle over capers and ginger
Bake in 220c oven for 12 minutes
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Margaret Goode said...

I haven't thought of using wraps as the base but it's a great idea, and the topping on this one is a lovely combination and absolutely perfect for the Sunday night pizza, even after lockdown ends and the Canberra Melbourne direct flights can get us safely over NSW, for a Sunday night pizza "out".

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin