Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Abla garlic chicken with pinenuts



As readers of this blog have no doubt noticed I love Abla’s recipe for garlic chicken wings, though I rarely cook it as she did. And in Melbourne lockdown how would I love to visit Abla’s restaurant, one of my long-time favourites! Instead at home with curfew I am experimenting, inspired by Abla.  I have been yearning for lemon potatoes but maybe that is overkill tonight. I must check the pasta store for orzo or the like.



 Ingredients

16 chicken drumettes (about 1 kilo)
2 dessertspoons rock salt
1/2 cup pinenuts
2 lemons
2 tbs crushed garlic
1 tbs crushed ginger



Mode

Preheat oven to 210c.
Arrange the chicken drumettes in a baking dish
Sprinkle with rock salt and pinenuts
Roast for 30 minutes
Meanwhile juice the lemons
Add minced garlic and ginger to juice
Stir thoroughly
Remove the chicken from the oven and pour the  mixture 
Return to oven and roast for another 25-35 minutes.
Serve with rice, pasta or roast vegetables  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin