Saturday, May 8, 2021

Sardines St Clements



Yesterday coming out of the fog and lack of appetite from AstraZeneca I had a delicious lunch of chilli sardines with orange and rocket salad. What a lovely way to get my appetite back and no wonder I was excited to find fresh filleted sardines on sale today!  

This is not really like the whole sardines I had yesterday but a variant of a recipe I found years ago in a book by Lorenza de Medici. The name is from the combination of lemon and orange in my recipe. I used ready-made breadcrumbs with lemon, pepper and parsley but you could use whatever you have. I ate mine with rocket and some potatoes I had previously roasted. Delicious! 




Ingredients 

1/2 orange
1/2 lemon
25gr pinenuts
1 tsp Sambal oelek
Breadcrumbs 
500 gr filletted sardines



Mode

Preheat oven to 160c
Juice the orange and lemon
Arrange the sardines in an ovenproof dish
Sprinkle breadcrumbs over
Add the orange and lemon juice
Sprinkle over the pinenuts and Sambal oelek
Bake in 160c oven for 40 minutes







1 comment:

Sherry's Pickings said...

i love the name of this dish! i am a sardine fan (tho hubby is not) and in fact my next blog post will include the fishy little beasties :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin