Friday, April 9, 2021

Lentil lasagne



It must be quite a while since I last made lentil lasagne and the curious thing is that that I didn't plan to make it this time. The plan was to make lasagne with ricotta and a tomato sauce. However, when I was stirring my tomato sauce I suddenly decided to add some lentils.  And I am very glad that I did as it was delicious and I can't think why it has been so long since I enjoyed it.



 Ingredients

400 gr diced tomatoes
2 tbs tomato paste (without salt)
Bunch coriander
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp crushed ginger root
1/2 carrot
400 gr canned lentils
375 gr ricotta
6 sheets lasagne pasta (type that does not require pre-cooking)
Parmesan



Mode

Preheat oven to 180c
Chop coriander
Slice carrots into strips
Crush garlic
Place tomatoes in saucepan on stove
Add coriander, carrot, ginger, garlic and tomato paste
Stir to combine
Bring the boil and reduce to simmer
Add lentils and combine
Simmer until thickened
Place a couple of tablespoons of the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish
Add layer of pasta
Add half the remaining sauce and smooth
Spoon half the ricotta over the sauce
Add another layer of pasta
Spoon the remaining half of the ricotta over the paster
Sprinkle with Parmesan
Add another layer of pasta
Cover with remaining sauce making sure that all the pasta is covered
Sprinkle with Parmesan
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes






1 comment:

Sherry's Pickings said...

lentils are such a good addition to soups and stews and of course lasagne. and so good for you too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin