Sunday, October 18, 2020

Spanish style pasta sauce



 A couple of weeks ago when we were first allowed to meet people from another household in the open, I met my friends Penny and Mark in the rotunda at Darling Gardens one afternoon.  They very kindly brought me some garden produce, including silverbeet and coriander. When I was wondering what to cook the next evening I remembered a recipe I sometimes cook with sherry, mushrooms and pinenuts. Its origins are a bit obscured by the passing of time but my memory is that it was originally based on a tapas recipe that I read in a library book. Sometimes I cook it with ham but this time I added coriander, silverbeet and some chicken that I happened to have. As it was once a tapas you could eat it as such or by itself, but I had it with some pasta!  The serving is enough for one person.



Ingredients

1 leaf silverbeet
5 mushrooms
1 handful of pine nuts
1 clove garlic
1 stem coriander
1 spring onion
100 gr chicken cut for stirfry
1 sherry glass dry sherry
Olive oil

Mode

Heat some olive oil in a pan on the stovetop
Crush the garlic
Slice the spring onion
Add the garlic and spring onion to the oil and stir until covered
Slice the mushrooms and add
Chop the coriander and add
Add the pine nuts
All the while continue to stir
Add the sherry and stir
Chop the silverbeet including the stems
Add the silverbeet and the chicken to the mixture
Continue to stir until the chicken is sealed
Turn the heat down to a simmer
Cover and summer until the chicken is tender
Serve with rice, pasta or noodles.

1 comment:

Sherry's Pickings said...

love all these flavours together!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin