Sunday, October 4, 2020

Rainbow σεσκουλόπιτα



Μιαμ μιαμ! I haven't used rainbow silverbeet to make σεσκουλόπιτα before. However, when I saw it in the supermarket yesterday while shopping for food to cook for some friends who had been in an accident, I thought I would get it and experiment. It was delicious and I will use it was an ingredient again.  I haven't heard the verdict of my friends yet, but I enjoyed it.

With these ingredients you could make make one large pie.  I made a medium size and a small to accommodate for the two households.








Ingredients

1 bunch rainbow silverbeet (including stalks)
4 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp Sambal oelek
3 tsp crushed ginger root
400 gr ricotta
150 gr fetta
1 egg
Phyllo pastry
Olive oil
Poppyseeds 



Mode

Place a steamer on the stove and bring water to the boil
Turn on oven to preheat to 180c
Meanwhile roughly chop the rainbow silverbeet including coloured stalks
Add to steamer
Chop spring onions and add to steamer
Crush garlic and add to steamer
Crush ginger root and add to steamer
Add Sambal oelek
Steam until vegetables tender
Meanwhile place ricotta in mixing bowl
Crumble fetta and add
Add egg
Add steamed vegetables
Stir to mix completely
Place one sheet of phyllo on the base of the oven dish
Baste with olive oil
Repeat the process 5-6 times
Spoon the mixture on the phyllo and smooth 
Fold the ends of pastry over the vegetables and cheese basting as you go
Cover top with an extra sheet or two of phyllo basted with oil
Sprinkle poppyseed on top
Cook in 180c oven for 45 minutes


1 comment:

Sherry's Pickings said...

i love poppyseeds on breads and pies. Delish!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin