Wednesday, January 9, 2013

#blog12daysxmas Day 11 Citron salt chicken



I am very lucky to have a nephew who understands my love of food and cooking. This year for Christmas Bast gave me a few ingredients that I want to cook with.  One was citron sea salt flakes.  These sea salt flakes are the product of Cyprus and contain in addition to salt flakes turmeric and lemon flavour.  I love that these are products of the Mediterranean which is an area that Bast knows I love.



So I was wondering what to cook with them.  Then it hit me!  Abla's lemon chicken!  So that is what I did.  I did a variant of my variant of Abla's chicken using drumettes and citron salt.




Ingredients

10 chicken drummettes
2 teaspoon Citron salt flakes
250 ml lemon juice
1.5 tablespoons minced garlic (purchased prepared)

Mode

Preheat the oven to 220c
Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in a baking dish
Sprinkle citron salt over
Roast for approximately 30 minutes until browned
Meanwhile squeeze lemons and add minced garlic to resulting juice
Remove chicken from oven and pour over garlic and lemon mixture
Stir through
Cook for another 20 minutes.





I ate these chicken drummettes with a cucumber and tomato salad and they were delicious.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin