Sunday, March 13, 2022

Sunday Night Pizza: with figs, honey and rocket pesto




One of the lovely things that happened to me during the last two years of Covid has been a very simple thing. A group of us who years ago used to meet for Sunday night pizza (and red wine) in Melbourne started to make Sunday night pizza at home or to report why we were cooking something else and what it was. It has provided a great reason to catch up virtually every Sunday be it just briefly or to share and explore current issues.

This week for my Sunday night pizza I made one that focused on some fresh figs I wanted to use. Stephanie told me that figs went with white cheese, rocket and something sweet like sugar. So that’s what I did including some mushrooms. For the sweetness I dribbled on some Beechworth honey I was lucky to receive for Christmas from my neighbours Elina and Graeme. Thanks Elina and Graeme! 



Ingredients

1 Wattle Valley wholemeal wrap
Sacla rocket pesto
Ricotta
Swiss brown mushrooms
Fresh figs
Honey

Mode

Preheat oven to 220c.
Spread rocket pesto as a base on the wrap
Add ricotta and spread as next layer
Slice mushrooms and add to cover other layers
Chop figs and add on top
Using a metal spoon heated in hot water drizzle honey over the pieces of figs
Cook for 12 minutes 
Eat with delight at the tastes

1 comment:

Sherry's Pickings said...

interesting idea to add some honey. i've noticed that korean street food tends to add (a lot of) sugar to their savoury foods so I guess it's a thing :-) Sounds tasty.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin