Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Swordfish in tomatoes with olives and capers




I got my inspiration for this from a regular newsletter I get from eatingwell.com  And they say they were inspired by Mediterranean cooking in Sicily and Calabria. Ah Magna Graecia! I didn’t follow their recipe exactly and amongst other changes substituted their green olives with my favourite mammoth black ones. I served it one evening with roast vegetables and another with gnocchi whereas the original recipe had polenta as a core element. Mine tasted like I was in Athens. 🇬🇷



Ingredients

Olive oil
2 stalks celery including leaves
3 cloves garlic crushed
1 can (400 gr) diced tomatoes
8 mammoth black olives
3-4 tbs chopped fresh basil
1 tbs capers
400 gr swordfish



Mode

Heat the oil in a pan large enough to simmer all the ingredients
Chop the celery
Crush the garlic
Lightly fry the garlic and celery
Add the tomatoes and olives and stir occasionally
Chop basil and add it and capers
Turn down heat and simmer for about 5 minutes
Add the swordfish steaks and stir to cover the fish
Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes




2 comments:

Sherry's Pickings said...

this sounds very tasty. i do like stuffed green olives as my go-to though!

shirleysimplerecipe said...

Looks delicious 😁!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin