Sunday, September 27, 2020

Lemon and mushroom chicken after Abla




Lots of nice fresh chicken drumettes sprang to my eye when I was at Piedimonte's the other day on an allowed outing from lockdown. So, of course, I thought of my variants of Abla's chicken wings.  This time the variant to my Abla chicken recipe was to use wild mushroom sea salt instead of her normal salt and to add mushrooms to her recipe. I cooked wholegrain Basmati rice to accompany the chicken. It was a lovely meal for a cold Melbourne night in lockdown and I had plenty left over to share with friends. 



Ingredients

16 chicken drumettes
2 dessertspoon wild mushroom sea salt
2 lemons
1.5 tbs of minced garlic
5 mushrooms




Mode

Preheat oven to 210c.
Arrange the chicken drumettes in a baking dish
Sprinkle with mushroom sea salt 
Roast for 30 minutes
Meanwhile juice the lemons
Add minced garlic to juice (about 150 ml in total)
Stir thoroughly
Slice the mushrooms
Remove the chicken from the oven and pour the  mixture over chicken
Sprinkle mushroom slices over the top
Return to oven and roast for another 25-35 minutes.
Serve with rice or roast vegetables  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin