Thursday, July 30, 2020

Alba’s chicken with citrus soy



It is true. In lockdown I am not being creative. Instead I am returning to the comfort zone of favourites and making them as I always have or making a slight change. Such is the comfort we need in these times. 

Today I cooked my beloved favourite but a variant naturally of both my own other attempts at the dish as well as the Alba original. Abla calls it “chicken wings in garlic” but I always cook the recipe with drummettes and other variants. This is tonight’s dinner. The minor variant tonight was the addition of ginger as well as some citrus soy my sister gave me for my birthday.




Ingredients

10 chicken drumettes
2 dessertspoon rock salt
2 lemons
1.5 tbs of minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger root
2 tablespoons Saori citrus soy



Mode

Preheat oven to 210c.
Arrange the chicken drumettes in a baking dish
Sprinkle with rock salt 
Roast for 30 minutes
Meanwhile juice the lemons
Add minced garlic, minced ginger and citrus to juice (about 200 ml in total)
Stir thoroughly
Remove the chicken from the oven and pour the  mixture over chicken
Return to oven and roast for another 25-35 minutes.
Enjoy! 

2 comments:

Sherry's Pickings said...

that ponzu looks interesting. i love japanese flavours.

Polyxena said...

Haha! We both sound like ads. The Saori stuff is good and she posts it so good for lockdown. https://www.saorijapanesesauce.com.au/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin