Sunday, March 20, 2016

Pork with green olive tapenade pie



I am lucky enough to have a nephew who keeps me supplied with tapenades. So when I was doing shingles cooking with staples I had on hand, olive tapenade not surprisingly came to mind. This one is a pork pie baked with delicious green olive tapenade. One of the few benefits of having shingles (maybe the only one in truth apart from learning about the kindness of friends) was that I came up with a number of recipes that I could cook with ingredients that were hanging around the kitchen as staples.  I have been pleased with them and will definitely be making them again - without shingles to provide the trigger.




Ingredients

2 pork butterfly steaks (about 400 gr)
100 green olive tapenade
1 sheet puff pastry


Mode

Preheat the oven to 180c
Remove pastry from refrigerator or freezer and bring to room temperature
Spoon half the tapenade into the base of an oven-proof pie dish
Place the pork steaks on top
Spread the rest of the tapenade over the pork
Cover with puff pastry and decorate as desired
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin