Sunday, March 20, 2016

Chicken with red pesto pie




This recipe happened as part of "my I'm sick with shingles what can I cook easily campaign." It is fairly clearly a variant of my chicken and pork recipes which are baked in the oven with pesto.  But in this case, rather than covering the dish with foil, I decided to cover it with puff pastry and make the dish a pie!  And the result was a delicious chicken pie.



Ingredients

500 gr chicken thighs
100 gr red basil pesto
Parmesan
1 sheet puff pastry

Mode

Preheat the oven to 180c
Remove pastry from freezer or refrigerator
Roughly chop the chicken thighs
Spoon half the pesto into the base of an oven-proof pie dish
Arrange chicken on top of pesto
Spread the rest of the pesto over the chicken
Grate Parmesan over the chicken
Cover with pastry decorating as you wish
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin