Monday, February 10, 2014

Berry and yoghurt icy poles


I have had several people asking me recently when I was going to post here again!  It is good to know that I have readers who are hanging out for one of my recipes! Thanks for your interest.

During the long hot we have been having in Melbourne this summer, several times I have purchased fruit with the idea that I would make some healthy, no-sugar icy poles. But I have always eaten up the fruit before I made them.  This time was no different.

On Saturday when I was hunkered down at home on a 40c day, @kimtairi posted a photo on Instagram of a raspberry, lime and yoghurt icy pole that she had made and was eating. I was reminded that yet again I hadn't made any and had eaten the fresh fruit. But I had yoghurt and I had frozen berries!  This time, envious of Kim's snack I hopped to and got on with it immediately.  This is the end result.  I have been enjoying them since and they were especially refreshing on Sunday which was another 40c day.



This recipe makes about six icy poles, but the size of your mould will obviously have an impact.  If you prefer sweeter icy poles, you can add a teaspoon of honey to the mixture. Don't have icy pole moulds?  You can make them in muffin trays or patty pans or make bars in foil.  I am not sure if they still have them, but I got my moulds at Daiso a while ago and you can probably guess the price!

Ingredients

400 gr light Greek yoghurt
1 cup frozen berries


Mode

Place yoghurt and berries in food processor
Blend until combined and as smooth as you wish
Spoon into icy pole moulds
Place into freezer for 10 minutes without sticks
Remove from freezer and insert sticks/lids
Return to freezer
Freeze for at least five hours or until solid (overnight is good)
Loosen from mould by holding under warm water

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin