Sunday, June 1, 2008

Maggie Beer's Spiced Pear Paste



One of the foodie related items I recently received for my birthday was a tub of Maggie Beer's spiced pear paste. Thanks, Aileen! I have been impatient to try it out and today it formed part of a delicious lunch as a break from housework. Freshly baked Turkish bread (from the ovens of Piedimonte's of course) formed the basis: I tore the bread, added the pear paste, ham, cos lettuce and radicchio! It was yummy.

Chef Maggie Beer's products are widely available in Melbourne. This paste which has ginger in it goes brilliantly with either goat's cheese or a sharp cheese such as Cheddar. For those of you who don't have access to her products, I had hoped that there might be a recipe in Maggie's Harvest but alas! you will just have to come to Australia or experiment with your own pear and ginger paste.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin